Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting to know your #ProjectScouted scouts Alain Firmin

Alain Firmin and his twin brother, Jean-luc, are known around Durban as the confident, trendy, and debonair “Firmin twins”. Both being scouts in this year’s #ProjectScouted, they both have their eye on the prize and are taking their task of finding the winning girl very seriously. Alain, an 18-year-old Interior Design student at the Durban University of Technology, is a hard-working young man with a creative spirit; this shining most in his passion for music and his endeavour to become a successful professional musician. A model, like his brother, Alain is also one of the faces of local designer Ryan Francis’s label, Shoelaced Clothing. Ryan has also been a loyal and loved sponsor of #ProjectScouted from the beginning. A new-found passion for Alain is that for #ProjectScouted, which is evident in his quest to find that special girl. Get to know why Alain loves the Project as much as he does below.



1.     How long have you lived in Durban? What do you love most about the city?
I have lived in Durban my entire life and the reason why my family hasn’t moved is because of the friendly people, awesome beaches and weather, as well as the many things there are to do here.

2.    How did you hear about #ProjectScouted and how did you become a scout?
It was last year, whilst scrolling through pictures on Instagram that I came across the hashtag #ProjectScouted. That’s when I started messaging the girls I knew who were using the hashtag and asking them what it was that Project Scouted is all about! After finding out what it’s about, I said to my brother, “This is definitely something we need to be a part of!”

So we were following what was happening with #ProjectScouted each week via social media (as we knew most of the girls), thinking of ways to be a part of this whole #ProjectScouted initiative. We then decided to go on-site for the last phase and that’s when we met the crew.  Little did we know that we knew many of those people already! And it was after that day that Lee started inviting us to #ProjectScouted events and started getting to know us a bit more. Not long after that did we find ourselves a part of the #ProjectScouted crew and even playing tennis with them every Thursday. Haha!

After showing our interest in wanting to be a part of #ProjectScouted, Lee asked us if we would like to be a part of this year’s Project as well as be scouts, which there was only one answer to, “Yes, we’d love too!”

3.    How does being a scout benefit you?
#ProjectScouted is basically a great platform for all those who take part in it; not only for the girls who model, but also for us as scouts. We get to meet new people like designers and photographers and develop friendships, which benefits everyone. And to be honest, I am so grateful to be a scout as I also get to help girls get themselves out there and get noticed – something I think a lot of youth wish for.

4.    What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of the Project?
I won’t lie, I’m looking forward to winning (yeah, I got this year in the bag)! Haha! I also look forward to meeting new people as well as the different phases that Lee has in store for us! Rumour has it, this year they’re doing things bigger and better… Bring it on!

5.    What do you think is the best feature of #ProjectScouted?
That’s a tough one... I really don’t think I can answer that because it’s so amazing altogether!
6.    What qualities are you looking for in girls before you scout them?
I’m not choosing just any girls to be a part of my team. I’m looking for girls who are unique, in a sense that they have their own style, and for girls who want to win! So instead of just getting a whole lot of girls on my team, I’m creating an elite team of girls who I know will be focused and have what it takes to win.

7.    What will give your team an edge over the others?
My team consist of girls of different races and sizes, who all have different styles and get along well with me, so I think that’s what gives my team an edge over the other teams. Besides my team has a (spectacular) scout who’s going to give it his best, ensuring one of his girls win and that all his girls make it to the end.

8.    If another scout stole one of your girls for their team, what would you do?
You don’t want to know... Haha. I don’t think there are any chances of that happening as the girls I’ve chosen only want to be on my team!

9.    Which scout or scout’s team, as far as you know, do you see as your toughest competition?
There is no scout in particular that I’m afraid of, as I see all the scouts as tough competition because they all have chosen girls that I would want to have on my team. So if I said I wasn’t nervous, I’d be lying but I do have a lot of faith in my team and yeah, I’m willing to give it my all.

10. If your team had a motto or a tag line, what would it be?
“In it to win it!”

11. What is your team’s unique name and why did you choose it?
#TeamAlain – It speaks for itself.


Keep on the lookout on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to see how Alain’s girls fare with #ProjectScouted kicking off on 28 February 2015 with Phase One and the launch of the Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment