Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting to know your #ProjectScouted scouts Aimee Nel

She was an audience favourite at last year’s #ProjectScouted thanks to her spunky and feisty yet sweet nature. And this year, 21-year-old Aimee Jade Nel is back to win hearts and minds in Cycle 2 but this time she will be doing it as a scout. She’s currently a waitress at Dropkick Murphy’s on Florida Road, giving her a brilliant opportunity to scout girls for her team. Having lived in Durban for more than 18 years, Aimee describes herself as a complete beach girl and one who is always smiling. Read more about Aimee’s #ProjectScouted game plan below.



1.    How did you hear about #ProjectScouted and how did you become a scout?
I was scouted last year by a friend of mine, and this year Lee Folkard gave me the opportunity to be behind the scenes and it’s been so rewarding. I can’t wait for Cycle 2 to start!

2.    How does being a scout benefit you?
I love the reaction from the girls, it’s what every girl needs. It’s about letting them know that you don’t have to be stick-skinny or flawless to be appreciated – I know that’s how I felt when I was scouted. I now understand why Lee started this project.

3.    What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of the Project?
I’m looking forward to seeing how all the girls interpret the themes at each shoot. It’s going to be interesting!

4.    What do you think is the best feature of #ProjectScouted?
I love the whole idea of it. It’s exciting and it’s on its way to greatness. #WatchThisSpace

5.    What qualities are you looking for in girls before you scout them?
Girls who have a confidence about them, with a kind of natural beauty.

6.    What will give your team an edge over the others?
We are the edge.

7.    If another scout stole one of your girls for their team, what would you do?
I don’t ever have to think about that! My team is so tight we get mistaken for leggings!

8.    Which scout or scout’s team, as far as you know, do you see as your toughest competition?
I haven’t been following other scouts’ progress, but I’m sure I’m up against some pretty heavy contenders.

9.    If your team had a motto, a slogan, or a tag line, what would it be?
‘We ride together we die together.’

10. What is your team’s unique name and why did you choose it?

Its #ATeam, and that’s all anyone who isn’t in the #ATeam needs to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment