Friday, February 20, 2015

Capturing the moments of #ProjectScouted in motion - Videographer, Robbie Muller

An exciting new aspect of #ProjectScouted this year is the addition of videographers and cinematographers to the highly creative and skilled team. This year, every thrilling moment of the Project will be captured on camera and shared across social media. One of the videographers on board is Robbie Muller, a full-time videographer who works making news and comedy shows for the ITEN network. He is also a freelancer shooting corporate videos, adverts and is also helping out on a feature film currently being shot in Durban as well as being a part-time photographer. Read more about Robbie’s passion for videography below.



1.     What sparked your interest in videography?
Growing up, I watched a lot of television shows and movies like Dragonball Z and Power Rangers. Haha! When I finished school, I thought it would be a great idea to create something of my own. I enjoyed being behind a camera and capturing moments, it has always fascinated me and now it is my career to do something I love. I am blessed beyond measure.

2.     What is the best part of the entire process of creating videos?
The best part is knowing that there is no limit to what you can do with a camera; from using different angles to setting up lights to create a mood, to creating various time-lapses to capturing moments and editing them in slow motion.

3.     How did you hear about #ProjectScouted?
I came along to one of the shoots last year because my twin cousins, Keelan and Chad Brissett, were asked to model in one of the phases. I was amazed that the response the Project was getting. People were even getting interviewed in newspapers around Durban and I thought it was an amazing way to put Durban on the map.

4.     What motivated you to become one of the videographers capturing #ProjectScouted?
I began chatting to Lee last year and realised that this is a great platform. Durban is highly underrated compared to Johannesburg and Cape Town and we have so much potential right here and it should not go unnoticed. We need to show the rest of South Africa that we have the most beautiful women around.

5.     Having attended a phase last year, what do you love the most about #ProjectScouted?
What I love the most is meeting so many different people in my home town, from talented photographers like Roy and Jerome to different designers and makeup artists and not to mention the beautiful young women. I am really looking forward to this year; I have seen that there are a lot of motivated and stunning aspirants lined up.

6.     What has been your most memorable experience as a videographer?
I have met so many people on my journey and even got the opportunity to meet Idris Elba who portrayed Nelson Mandela in the movie Mandela: Long walk to Freedom.

7.     Would you advise someone who wants to be a videographer to get a qualification first or to learn on their own?
To be honest, in this industry they don’t really look at qualifications, people hire you based on creativity, good etiquette and hard work. Like everything else these days, videography can be taught online, but I went to the Durban University of Technology for 4 years and I feel like it has taught me quite a lot. So my answer is to do a short course which will teach you the basics and then to work and gain as much experience, because that is the only way you grow as an individual.


Keep active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube for everything #ProjectScouted. The Project kicks off on 28 February 2015 with Phase One and the launch. And remember that all shoots and events are open to the public free of charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment