Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Capturing the #ProjectScouted moments in motion - Videographer, Stefan Rust

Art becomes even more meaningful when there is a story behind it from the one creating it. Joining the #ProjectScouted videography team is Stefan Rust, currently in his 3rd year studying Directing and Scriptwriting at AFDA Film School, who triumphed over illness through willpower and his love of watching and making movies.



1.     What inspired your passion for videography?
After I matriculated, I attended a local summer film school for 4 weeks and fell completely in love with film as it just had a magical aspect to it. Film has always been a passion for me and also a life-support as in 2012 I was diagnosed with bone cancer and battled with it for 3 years. What got me through it was making and watching movies. It gave me a reason to live and it made me happy.

2.     What do you enjoy the most in the entire process of creating videos?
What I enjoy the most is being able to work with talented teammates to create something that we have all worked so hard on and seeing it come to life. It is one of the most rewarding things I could experience.

3.     How did you hear about #ProjectScouted?
I came across #ProjectScouted when a friend of mine was asked to be a photographer for the Project.

4.     What motivated you to become one of the videographers capturing #ProjectScouted?
I’m new to Durban and the creative world here, so I think it would be a great opportunity to meet other talented artists that live here and get to know them.

5.     What are you looking forward to the most in the Project?
I’m looking forward to meeting new and interesting people and also creating something special for each phase of the Project with a behind-the-scenes look into what goes on in creating this journey.

6.     Do you have a specific style of videography? How would you describe that style?
I think I have a rhythmic style with my event videos as I believe that bringing music into film can just bring it to life and just create something so vibrant and colourful keeping the audience captivated. I try keeping the visuals and audio at a constant tempo so they complement each other making the combination smooth and enjoyable.

7.     What advice would you give to someone wanting to become a videographer?
Well, I’d say just shoot and edit as much as you can because you can only get better. And also life is short… Do what makes you happy.

Keep active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube for everything #ProjectScouted. Even if you happen to miss a phase, there’s still a way for you to be a part of the experience. The Project will officially kick off on 28 February 2015 with Phase One and the launch held at #Hashtag Social Restaurant and Bar on Windermere Road. Remember that all shoots and events are open to the public at no cost!


No comments:

Post a Comment