Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting to know your #ProjectScouted scouts Jean-luc Firmin

No stranger to social media fame, Jean-luc Firmin, one half of the Firmin twins, is a charming and suave young man. This will no doubt help in him recruiting girls to be a part of #ProjectScouted, but it is his eye for beauty and good taste that will come most to his aid. The 18-year-old, fashion savvy Durbanite is currently a Marketing student at Varsity College in Durban North. Jean-luc and his brother, Alain, also a #ProjectScouted scout, are also models and are currently brand ambassadors for Ryan Francis’s Shoelaced Clothing – also one of our #ProjectScouted sponsors. Adding to his repertoire is his musical flair as he is also part of a band. So along with being one of Durban’s rising stars, Jean-luc is also an upcoming musician. Read more about this multi-talented scout below.



1.    How long have you lived in Durban? What do you love most about the city?
I have lived in Durban my entire life. I really enjoy going out and meeting up with friends and meeting new people. So what I love the most about the city is the cool social spots and all the wonderful things it has for people to do here. I’m crazy about its awesome vibe.

2.    How did you hear about #ProjectScouted and how did you become a scout?
I first heard about #ProjectScouted during Cycle 1 last year in 2014 since it was buzzing through all different platforms and social media. Due to knowing a few people that were involved in #ProjectScouted, I went along with my brother, Alain, to the final phase and from there we’ve been good friends with Lee Folkard as well as the others who are linked to the Project. I was invited to the first official #ProjectScouted Cycle 2 meeting at the beginning of the year and was asked to be a scout. I immediately accepted because Lee and I both knew that I was coming with the winner! Haha.

3.    How does being a scout benefit you?
Being a scout gives me an opportunity for networking and meeting new people – which is always useful. #ProjectScouted, since it is so active on many different platforms and social media, is also a great form of exposure. So I’m really looking forward to when the Project officially starts!

4.    What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of the Project?
Well, as a scout I am looking most forward to coming with the winner! But on the whole, I am looking forward to seeing what unfolds with the many different phases and themes and how the girls handle them. I’m just looking forward to being a part of the experience.

5.    What do you think is the best feature of #ProjectScouted?
There are many great features to #ProjectScouted but what I think is the best is the exposure that one gets from it and to also get to be a part of the experience. The exposure is not there just for the girls but for everyone that is involved.

6.    What qualities are you looking for in girls before you scout them?
What I have been looking for in girls is not just good looks but also personality because you have got to want to really do this. I think a girl who loves and suits the camera and who loves the attention is going to do great. I am not being too fussy about physical appearance but I do know what I want. At the end of the day we, as scouts, need to try and come with the winner.

7.    What will give your team an edge over the others?
We are hyped about the Project completely and my girls want to win. So that fighting spirit will be seen and come through during the shoots. They also know what they are doing so they are ready to show what they are made of.

8.    If another scout stole one of your girls for their team, what would you do?
I doubt that that would happen because all the girls are being loyal and I know this from trying to steal from the other teams... No, I’m just joking about that part! But if it had to happen, I certainly wouldn’t make it a big deal because at the end of the day the Project is for the girls.

9.    Which scout or scout’s team, as far as you know, do you see as your toughest competition?
All I can say to that is... #TeamJeanluc!

10. If your team had a motto or a tag line, what would it be?
“Finger Licking Good”? Just joking! If we had a slogan it would definitely be “Better than the Best”, only because we are that cool!

11. What is your team’s unique name and why did you choose it?

#TeamJeanluc. We’re keeping it straight forward because it is a hashtag worth trending just the way it is. It’s also an easy way to keep track of the winning team! And my creativity level is very low. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment