Thursday, March 19, 2015

The #ProjectScouted team behind the camera – Jessica Van Goeverden of Van.Go Photography

Edgy, daring, striking; Jessica Van Goeverden of Van.GoPhotography is as suited to being in front of the camera as she is being behind it. You might recognize her as the face behind some of last year’s images as well as the behind the scenes pics and having formed such a bond with the #ProjectScouted team, Jess is back again this year with even more creativity and vision.



1.    What inspired the name Van.Go Photography?
Anyone who has met me or who knows me can say my surname is quite a mouth full so I had to figure a name that would be catchy and to-the-point. “Van.Go” is derived from “Van Goeverden” and it is also a tribute to the great painter Vincent Van Gogh, as I have a very artistic approach to photography.

2.    What do you currently do?
Currently, I have been all over the place. Still in holiday mode, if I am to be honest, but I have been working as a freelance photographer, photographing various events as well as working on my own personal style which is more towards abstract and nude photography.

3.    Having been a part of #ProjectScouted last year as a photographer, what do you love the most about the Project?
Lee Folkard brought together a team of beautifully-minded, creative souls, who are now not just a team, but a family. We have all helped each other grow in each one’s careers as well. #WeDoItForThePeople
                                                                                                                                     
4.    What were some of the best moments during the Project last year for you?
I wouldn’t say I have a favourite moment, but I do feel that there were significant parts of the Project that made it what it is. Ryan Francis, the man behind Shoelaced Clothing got to showcase his very own clothing line in a fashion show and that for me was a proud moment. He has grown so much from then and these are the moments I truly treasure, where hard work and a loving team makes the biggest difference.


5.    How did you discover your passion for photography?
I have definitely not been born with a logical, mathematical mind. My entire life has consisted of doodles and paint, and now I “paint with light”, which is a term photographers use. I knew that photography would be a passion.

6.    What do you love most about photographing people?
When I photograph people, I capture them the way I perceive them. I love that I can create anything I desire from something so simple, using facial and body expression to manipulate the human eye as well as one’s emotions.

7.    Is there anyone that you dream of shooting?
Cara Delevigne, she is badass!

8.    What are some of the images you’ve shot that you are most proud of?
I am most proud of the image I took of my gran last year for an assignment. The image was of her sitting in a vintage chair in her lacy underwear holding a cigarette. Despite her aged skin and “imperfect” body, she was beautiful, absolutely breathtaking.

9.    Any tips for the #ProjectScouted girls that you are going to be shooting?
No bribes accepted... Unless its Lindt chocolate...

10. Are you willing to share any info about the phase you are shooting in the Project?
Wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise, would we?


Remember to check out the #ProjectScouted Instagram page, the Project having taken on a life of its own, for the latest info, images and updates. And note that all events and shoots are open to the public free of charge. We can’t wait to see what Jess has planned for the #ProjectScouted girls this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment