Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sholene Ramdass : Project Exposure Q&A


1.How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
If I did not know how old I am, I would think that I am 18 years old. This is actually how old I am now, but I have always thought that 18 is the perfect age to be. Everything is new and unexplored, and youth is at its best. All the confusion and the complication that comes with being 18 is just a part of the beautiful experience. So I would think that I am 18 years old because I see life and the world with the eyes of a girl who still wants to know things, do things, and experience things.

2.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
If happiness was the national currency, the work that would make me rich is travelling. To travel is to see all the grandeur that God has created and entrusted to us. Travelling makes me unexplainably happy and joyful. To see something beautiful; whether mountains or the ocean or to drive a road in the middle of nowhere that is deserted, gives joy to my soul. Isabelle Archer said in the novel "Portrait of a Lady", "A swift carriage, of a dark night, rattling with four horses over roads one can't see - that's my idea of happiness." I couldn't have said it better!
 

3.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

"Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." - Matthew 6:33

4.What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I know that I do life differently than most people. Most of us have been blessed with the gift of sight, but not all of us truly see. I believe that I see the beauty in all things, the most mundane or the most magnificent; this ability has given me the joy of living life in another dimension. I savour every moment, every feeling, every conversation; because I appreciate how beautiful and amazing this life that God has blessed us with is.

5.What are you most grateful for?
I am most grateful for life. Even in all its imperfections, it is stunningly wonderful.

6.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
For all the physical attractiveness and fame in the world, I wouldn't reduce my life expectancy. There will always be someone more beautiful than you in some way or the other and the world will grow tired of you and your fame can fade, but true happiness is more meaningful than these superficial things.
7.What do you do in life?
I am currently a student at the University of South Africa studying for a BA Degree in Languages, Literature, and Creative Writing. I have many dreams for my life and by the grace of God I will be able to achieve them. One of them is to be a published writer and this will hopefully happen soon.

8.What did you enjoy most about your Top 10 shoot?
 I enjoyed the early morning of my shoot on Umhlanga beach. It was such an incredibly beautiful day! I loved how relaxed and easy the shoot was and how at ease Lee Folkard made me feel. It was one of the best shoots I have been involved in because of this. It didn't feel like I was competing against others, it felt as if I was just having fun and getting to explore what I could do with the theme.

9.Which is your favourite part of the winning prize?
My favourite part of the winning prize is is the concept photoshoot by Lee Folkard as I have enjoyed the mini-shoot so much I know that this shoot would be amazing. Even though it would be hard work, I think it would be amazing. But the prizes are also quite amazing. It is such a great opportunity to be a part of Project Exposure!

10.Why should you win Project Exposure?

 I think I should win Project Exposure because I believe that what the judges are looking for is someone who is natural and at ease in front of the camera but also someone who realizes the importance of understanding a bit of photography and what looks best on camera, of working well with others expecially the photographer himself and others involved in the shoot, of punctuality, and of being able to be a Jack of all trades - i.e. being able to do your own hair and makeup well and choosing an appropriate attractive outfit; all of which I think I embody. I think that I also have an X-factor quality, something that just makes me different and makes people want to connect with me and this comes across in my pictures. But above all, I think that my sincerity and humility also come across in my pictures and that is a very important quality.


Please note: All answers were copy pasted from direct messages sent to each candidate via facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment