Friday, July 2, 2010

Lee Folkard Photography Makes Top 10

A few weeks ago i received an email thanking me for entering a competition and inviting me to come by for the announcement of the winner.

I must admit this is probably one of the first competitions I have entered as much as I see competitions every now and then - i barely end up sending in some pictures.

After receiving the email, i had to back-track to try and see exactly what was the competition and what picture/s i entered.
Turns out the competition was for VOLCOM STONE, send in "whatever flies your pigeon".
I submitted 3 pictures, so I figured why not.
The main prize of cash, a volcom hamper and the winning picture used on a volcom t-shirt seemed like a worthy one.

I made my way to Spiga d'Ora on Florida Road, Durban on the 30th June.
One of my images made the Top 10, printed and framed on a wall amongst 9 other brilliant pictures was a nice sight to behold.

A winner would be chosen from these.

End of Story - I did not win. In truth being 1 of the 10 was a win in my books.
It was nice to see my name up and have others view the pictures.
The event was well turned out and I would imagine from the number of entries, a success.

From now on I will try much harder to enter competitions and submit pictures where and when I can. At the end of the day photographs are meant to be shared.

A thanks to my camera club, Westville Camera Club, for informing me of the competition and for always being on the lookout for photographic events.

Below is my Top 10 entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment